Registration of Software Source Code and screens before Brazilian Trademark and Patent Office (INPI-Brazil).
Documents required (translated into Portuguese Language)
- Code HASH of compressed file containing the Source Code;
- Provision of Services Agreement certified copy (if any, legalization is required);
- Authorization for Technologies amendments (if any).
- Applicant’s full name and address;
- Author’s full name, address, profession and marital status;
- Power of Attorney: in PDF format, electronically signed via Certification Authority (e.g.: FNMT-RCM in Spain);
- Simple questionnaire containing software general information for filing purposes (e.g.: Field of Activity);
Remark: A Deed of Assignment will be necessary IF the applicant is not the Software original author (e.g.: when the applicant is a Company).
Timeframe for Analysis
On average, it takes 10 days for Brazilian PTO grants and issues the Software Registration Certificate, since the registration is only based on a formalities check.
Do you have any question?
Please contact us and we will be glad to quickly answer it.
If you require immediate assistance, please contact us through our Messaging Apps mentioned below.